[darcs-users] darcs patch: Re-implement haskell_policy in terms of hlint.

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:01:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Petr Rockai<me at mornfall.net> wrote:
> I don't particularly care -- if you want, re-record it in small chunks. However
> please note that the suggested sequence does not work (between 4 and 5, you get
> a failure in the hlint script, unless you put it somewhere else than
> tests/... between 6 and 7, haskell_policy breaks).
>
> Yours,
>   Petr.

Well, OK. I've been recording, but so far I haven't made the final change, since doesn't hlint still error out on the type witness stuff? That would break the test no matter what ignores and whatnot we put in the hints.

I tried to install darcs hlint to see whether Neil may've fixed it overnight, but it seems instead to be quite broken:

[08:54 AM] 0Mb$ pull
Pulling from "http://community.haskell.org/~ndm/darcs/hlint"...
No remote changes to pull in!
[08:57 AM] 0Mb$ clean
 cleaning...
[08:57 AM] 0Mb$ cabal install
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring hlint-1.6.5...
Preprocessing executables for hlint-1.6.5...
cabal: can't find source for Hint.Import in src, dist/build/autogen
hlint-1.6.5 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1
[08:57 AM] 0Mb$ check
Checking that patch names are unique...
Applying patches...
The repository is consistent!
[08:58 AM] 0Mb$ gr Hint.Import
_darcs/pristine/src/Hint/All.hs:import Hint.Import
_darcs/pristine/hlint.cabal:        Hint.Import
hlint.cabal:        Hint.Import
src/Hint/All.hs:import Hint.Import

Neil, I'm guessing you forgot to commit src/Hint/Import.hs?

--
gwern