[darcs-users] darcs patch: Re-implement haskell_policy in terms of hlint.

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 02:02:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Neil Mitchell<ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gwern,
>
> With the version in darcs I can now parse all of darcs 2.3.0, with the
> exception of 4 files which are all down to a bug in haskell-src-exts:
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/58
>
> To run I do:
>
> $ cd c:\neil\darcs-2.3.0
> $ hlint --cpp-include=src src
>
> Using include files there are a number of warnings that don't make
> sense, particularly the one to use fewer import statements.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Since you're busy making changes for us... do you have any ideas on how to do this ratification stuff?

Petr's technique of having a wrapper module import & re-export the otherwise forbidden functions works, but it strikes me as kind of ugly. (I dislike having extra source files doing obscure things to, it seems to me, work around issues in a third-party tool.)

Is there any hint option or technique we could use to suppress a particular warning/error for a particular file? (In this case it'd be to suppress the custom readFile/hGetContents errors for files x,y,& z.)

--
gwern