[darcs-users] EOL for darcs-1 repository format [was: soc final report]

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Aug 16 17:27:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 21:04:56 +1000, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Eric, I think we need a policy decision on this.
> When can/should we EOL the darcs-1 repository format?

So the difficulty with withdrawing old-fashioned repo support (which I
could see us doing one day in the future by the way) is that we still
don't have a good way to deal with repos that were corrupted by older
darcs.

Max Brown's troubleshooting steps are a nice start:
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Troubleshooting

But for us to think about this, I think we would need repo recovery
to be more of a science than an art.

Darcs transplant may be nice there.