[darcs-users] EOL for darcs-1 repository format [was: soc final report]

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Aug 19 20:36:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:27:28 -0600
Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> I still have to support old-fashioned-format repositories.  I don't
> mind if a future version of darcs adds warnings or requires "i-know-
> what-im-doing" type override switches, but please let the next
> version of darcs still have the full ability to use old-fashioned-
> format repositories.

I'm in the same boat. We are waiting on an OS upgrade on a production server
before we can even consider a transition to darcs 2.

Right now, I'm putting off an upgrade from darcs 2.2 to 2.3 on a developer server because it's noticeably slower for "whatsnew", and this machine needs
to interoperate with the older production server.

I support eventually EOLing darcs-1 support, but I would like it be around for
a few more months or a year at least.  If the whatsnew performance regression is fixed in darcs 2.3.1, I'll be more likely to test and use the next releases.

    Mark