[darcs-users] Automated 'unpeeling' of merged repos?

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Wed Aug 26 00:52:58 UTC 2009

On 8/25/2009 16:36, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
> In the process of merging repositories for later "unpeeling" into
> separate branches (once the conversion is completed), is there any way
> to automate, or at least expedite the finding of patches which we don't
> want in our main repository (those which will be moved to non-production
> branches)? Aside from doing regular expression searches, are there any
> more explicit means of identifying patches (by ID perhaps)?

You could make a note of their patch hashes. You can get a patch's hash
from ``darcs changes --xml-output``. Because it is XML you could write a
quick script to dump those hashes into a file for you. (If you don't
mind Python, I've got a script that does all of the XML reading and you
can just trawl through normal Python objects for the hashes, if you
would like to try it.)

You can then use --match in something like:

darcs unpull --match "hash xxxx || hash yyyy || hash zzzz"

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net