[darcs-users] two questions about Darcs

Taylor R Campbell campbell at mumble.net
Wed Aug 26 08:18:10 UTC 2009

Of course, although I scanned the bug tracker and mailing lists before
I wrote my message, it was not until after I sent it that I found some
more information about one of my questions...

   Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 04:02:55 -0400
   From: Taylor R Campbell <campbell at mumble.net>

   In any case, irrespective of precisely how this cache is constructed,
   will any such mechanism ever be included in Darcs to reduce the
   frustration of waiting for `darcs changes <pathname>'?

I found two issues about performance of darcs changes and annotate,
issue124 and issue984, as well as some discussion on the mailing list
from October of last year (citing me, even) about such a cache,
particularly

<http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2008-October/014514.html>

which has an indirect link to <http://beschmi.de/darcs-filecache/>.
Unfortunately, that Darcs repository is nearly a year old now, and,
except for Eric Kow's having added a comment last week to issue124
linking it to issue984, I see no recent evidence of progress toward a
file cache in a Darcs release to speed up darcs changes and annotate.