[darcs-users] Getting a directory listing of the repository at a specific point

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Thu Aug 27 01:42:19 UTC 2009

On 26 Aug 2009, at 14:33, Eric Kow wrote:

> I think you want darcs show files, which unfortunately does not have
> support for matchers yet
>  http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1499

Thanks Eric!  Actually I found this just after I got internet
connection back up on the train, just too late to send a reply that I
found it.  But my next question was should I file a ticket for the
matcher, which has already been done.

One comment I have, though, is that I don't understand why some darcs
commands (contents, files, repo, authors, tags) are hidden inside
`darcs show`.  Or, if this is ok, why - seeing that the description
for `darcs help show` is "Show information which is stored by darcs."
- `darcs changes` isn't in fact called `darcs show changes`.  There
appears to me an inconsistency on one side or the other.  Any thoughts?

> The patch-tag guys are also interested in it.  I've bumped the
> milestone
> on this to darcs-2.4, which unfortunately is not a promise.
>
> Perhaps we could work on this in Edinburgh, you and I.

Definitely.  How much of Saturday and Sunday are you around for?  (I'm
still not sure what I'll be doing, but it's probably going to involve
a few more festival events...)

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/