[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1578: Don't put newlines in the Haskeline prompts.

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 02:15:27 UTC 2009

Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> writes:

> This does indeed prevent issue 1578. But as I said there, wouldn't it
> be better to build the workaround into haskeline, keeping your api
> simple ?

The patch seems reasonable to me, because it splits up what I see as
conceptually different output -- a warning, and the actual prompt.  I'd
be inclined to accept it (as churn) even if it didn't fix an issue.

I'm not applying it immediately because I first want to hear Judah's
views on handling "stty -echo" directly in haskeline (I suspect it's not
as trivial as it sounds).