[darcs-users] New argument for symlink support

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Thu Dec 3 21:44:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Trent W. Buck <twb at cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> Henrik Hjelte <henrik at evahjelte.com> writes:
>
>> The absence of symlink-support makes it impossible to migrate a lot of
>> repositories to darcs from other revision control systems. Adding a
>> script that manages symlinks (like update-symlinks.sh) script is not a
>> solution for that.
>
> Why isn't it a solution?

I was merely pointing out this use-case: The user want an easy way to
migrate to darcs from git/subversion/?. He or she want to preserve the
information that exists regarding symlinks.

If I understand you right, you are talking about ways to implement
this in darcs, or a way to implement something like tailor. I am sorry
I don't have any good input on that.

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestion about how to help out.
I promise to try to help darcs and the general open-source ecosystem
in various ways.

/Henrik