[darcs-users] cabal-install bootstrapping fails on Ubuntu 9.10 / Karmic Koala

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Dec 7 00:18:10 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing "cabal-install 0.6.2" on a new laptop today, on Karmic Koala.
"cabal-install" only reported that it had "failed", without any specific detail. I reported a bug about the poor diagnostic in the Cabal bug tracker, including the full output log of my attempt:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/616

I'm mentioning this here as a FYI. While it's an "upstream" issue, others could be running into the same issue as they try to get started with darcs.

   Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/