[darcs-users] best place to publish some darcs tips?

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Dec 7 01:30:01 UTC 2009

[documentation manager hat on]

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> writes:

> I've accumulated several darcs tips I'd like to share, but I'm not
> sure where the best place to put them is.  The manual? The wiki? A
> series of blog posts?

First: anywhere is better than nowhere.  Even if I don't like blogs, I'd
rather you put it on a blog than leave it in your head.  (I'd prefer the
wiki to a blog, because then articles can be updated by others if the
original author goes AWOL.)

A lot of the manual is out of date, and for that reason alone I suggest
you avoid it (for now, at least).  I *think* my long-term goal is to
migrate everything from the manual into internal docstrings or the wiki,
and work out a way to automatically generate an attractive manual from
those remaining two sources.

> Let's start with a specific case. Where could these practical uses for
> "darcs changes" best be shared?
>
> Reviewing Recent Changes
> [...]

As this is a workflow, I think it fits best into the wiki.

Specifically, I think it'd be an ideal section for the Getting Started
article (which badly needs an overhaul).