[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup and old patches

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Dec 7 16:54:37 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

Am Montag, den 07.12.2009, 09:47 +0000 schrieb Eric Kow:
> On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:37:48 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > Ganesh Sittampalam <bugs at darcs.net> writes:
> > > This seems to already have been applied.
> >
> > That was me.  I was expecting darcswatch to close the patch for me; I
> > guess patch34 predates that darcswatch-fu.

Seems to be the case, yes.

> There seems to be an issue with darcswatch marking obsoleted (or
> otherwise) patches as accepted when there is actually a later patch that
> replaces them.
>
> Any thoughts on a good solution?  Maybe some mechanism for scoring
> patches as the best candidates?  needs-review gets points, and so does
> being more recent.  Being marked 'obsoleted' gets minus points...

I’m not sure where exactly the problem is. Are you referring to the
state of the ticket in roundup, or the state of the bundle in
DarcsWatch? Or are you refering to the problem when multiple bundles are
attached to the same bug tracker ticket?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner