[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup and old patches

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Dec 7 17:03:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 17:54:37 +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Any thoughts on a good solution?  Maybe some mechanism for scoring
> > patches as the best candidates?  needs-review gets points, and so does
> > being more recent.  Being marked 'obsoleted' gets minus points...
>
> I’m not sure where exactly the problem is. Are you referring to the
> state of the ticket in roundup, or the state of the bundle in
> DarcsWatch? Or are you refering to the problem when multiple bundles are
> attached to the same bug tracker ticket?

I *think* I'm referring to the case of a patch being amended and being
sent as a new ticket (the best practice IMHO is just to attach to the
same ticket, but not everybody does that because it's not automatic).

The scenario there is that we manually obsolete the old ticket.

But then when the new patch gets applied, instead of the new ticket
being marked accepted, the old ticket does.  So that's two problems:

- the old ticket is marked accepted when it should be left obsoleted
- the new ticket is left needs-review, when it should be marked
  accepted.

Anybody want to dig up an example?  I think you have to search for
'obsoleted -> accepted'