[darcs-users] [patch107] replace if-statement with guard in elegant_merge

Jason Dagit bugs at darcs.net
Mon Dec 7 22:14:17 UTC 2009

New submission from Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com>:

This is really a follow up to patch61 (which has been accepted so I
felt it was right to start a new ticket).

I've opted to leave the unsafeCompare in there because I'm worried
that removing it without a proper investigation could lead to a change
in behavior.  Especially in corner cases.

I removed the comment because now that it's using the Maybe monad the
check for "Nothing -> Nothing" is hidden and I think that is what the
comment was referring to.  I also think the unsafeCompare is
redundant, and previously I thought the comment applied to that
operation, but looking at the original code again I changed my mind.

Thanks,
Jason

Mon Dec  7 14:09:49 PST 2009  Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com>
  * replace if-statement with guard in elegant_merge

files: replace-if_statement-with-guard-in-elegant_merge.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 9554
nosy: dagit, darcs-users
status: needs-review
title: replace if-statement with guard in elegant_merge

<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch107>