[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup and old patches

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Dec 8 18:04:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 08.12.2009, 14:59 +0000 schrieb Eric Kow:
> > If the new submission just adds patches to the bundles, but leaves the
> > patches that are also in the previous bundle in tact, then darcswatch
> > will indeed mark both tickets as accepted, which is, in fact, correct.
>
> Hmm, come to think of it, yes that is a good behaviour.
>
> But have a look at patch70, patch71 and patch77.
>
> Patch 71 and 70 seems to match your explanation (if patch 71 gets
> accepted, then patch70 also does by virtue of being in the same bundle).
>
> But patch77 claims to be an amendment of patch71; however, it looks like
> all three patches were marked accepted.  Am I missing something?

looks like darcswatch is missing a bug fix :-)

Bundle http://bugs.darcs.net/patch71 should not be marked as closed, and
I don’t see why it was – the respective bundle is still marked as not
applied in DarcsWatch:
http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/repo_http:__darcs.net_.html#bundle-973661ebbdbf9dc12e6fb6da01cbfcdf6c027794
and the closing message only talks about a one-patch-bundle, and the
date is strange.

Looking even closer: The message talks about
http://darcs.net/darcs-bugtracker! And if you look at
http://darcswatch.nomeata.de/repo_http:__darcs.net_darcs-bugtracker.html#bundle-45eef648b10c0653e30b6ebadfe48173d8200ebb
darcswatch for some reason thought that this bundle is related to
ticket71. The reason is simple: I submitted this patch with this text:

> it works, as you can see on http://bugs.darcs.net/patch71, where I set
> the darcswatch url field via e-Mail. Just the condition was defunct,
> please try with this change.

So this is just a freak accident and entirely unrelated to the fact that
there are similar bundles floating around.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner