[darcs-users] [patch94] resolve issue1392: use parsec to parse .authorspelling

Tomáš Caithaml caitt at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 8 22:11:18 UTC 2009

2009/12/6 Ganesh Sittampalam <bugs at darcs.net>:

> Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> added the comment:
>
> I think this looks good. As it completely changes the handling of
> .authorspellings, could you confirm that you expect it to be
> backwards-compatible with old .authorspellings files. Also I guess you've tested
> it on at least the darcs repo's .authorspellings file - any others?

Yes, I am expecting the changes to be backwards-compatible and I have
tested them on darcs repo only.

The only difference other than handling commas should be requiring
email (anything in angle brackets) in the canonical part of line. My
understanding is that original docs required that too, but
implementation did not (there is no such line in darcs repo
.authorspelling file). Dunno if it was a feature or a bug :-).

--
Tomas Caithaml

Don't anthropomorphize computers. They hate it when you do that.