[darcs-users] review policy revisited (some loosening and new features)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Dec 9 15:13:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 12:24:06 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > I propose we loosen up the patch review policy just a tiny bit.  The
> > idea would be that anybody on the review team can just push patches to
> > things that don't really need formal review:
> >
> > - contrib
> > - homepage
> > - distribution/packaging stuff
> > - build system

> Are these patches being delayed due to lack of review?  My impression
> was that they are generally get reviewed quickly (admittedly, I haven't
> been paying much attention).  Do you just want to free up that time to
> review "real" patches?

That's right; I want to keep us focused, and also want to create a
general feeling of minimal bureaucracy, that whatever little we have
[and this may grow as we discover a need for it] serves to make things
run more smoothly, not to be an impediment to getting working done.

I think the problem is more that they create a general feeling of
backlog (if you're not paying attention, they can go on the pile and
then create a general scary impression of there being too much to do)

> I quite understand if that's the case, and I'm not opposing this change,
> I just want to be sure I understand the rationale behind it.

Thanks!  I'm updating http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/PatchReview
accordingly.

By the way, if I were you (Trent), I'd push patch109 directly as
on obviously trivial patch. :-)