[darcs-users] [patch111] Contribute vc-darcs.el for Emacs VC support.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Dec 14 10:57:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 17:39:36 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> I agree that a week is unreasonable and I think we should change the
> requirement. I suggest either a month, or some vaguer statement that
> we'll remove stuff that seems to be unmaintained.

I vote for keeping the statement well-defined so that everybody knows
what to expect.

We don't *have* to delete the packages after N time-units on the spot;
it just means that when (for whatever reason) a contrib seems to have
been unmaintained for some time, we have a hard, documented, criterion
that lets us easily determine what to do with it.

One month sounds good.

In a separate post, Dave suggests that we make multiple attempts to
contact the author, which makes sense too.