[darcs-users] [patch112] bump dependency upper bounds for GHC 6.12 (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Dec 14 11:15:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 23:35:37 +0000, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> A package of minimal patches that fix the build for GHC 6.12 (tested
> against 6.12.1 RC2).
>
> Some of these have been submitted before but are stalled for various
> reasons. I've tested this bundle with 6.8, 6.10 and 6.12.

This will be going in once my staging repo (GHC 6.8) is happy.
It may be a good idea to recruit GHC 6.12 volunteers for the buildbot.

> Sun Dec 13 21:46:13 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>   * bump dependency upper bounds for GHC 6.12
>
> Sun Dec 13 21:46:53 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>   * add GADTs to witnesses build

> Sun Dec 13 23:30:23 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>   * remove unnecessary OPTIONS_GHC from Darcs/Commands/Record

These seem fairly straightforward.

> Sun Dec 13 23:29:22 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>   * add ImpredicativeTypes to extensions
>   This is needed to build on GHC 6.12.
>   Before 6.14, we need to drop our uses of impredicativity as
>   this is now deprecated.

I'm pushing this one without learning what impredicative types are.

But those who are more able might consult
  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/other-type-extensions.html
and the paper (or probably ask somebody who knows for pointers to the
relevant darcs source)

Thanks,