[darcs-users] [patch111] Contribute vc-darcs.el for Emacs VC support.

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Mon Dec 14 14:19:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Eric Kow wrote:

> I vote for keeping the statement well-defined so that everybody knows
> what to expect.
>
> We don't *have* to delete the packages after N time-units on the spot;
> it just means that when (for whatever reason) a contrib seems to have
> been unmaintained for some time, we have a hard, documented, criterion
> that lets us easily determine what to do with it.
>
> One month sounds good.

OK, how about

"Note that if the tool or script appears to be unmaintained - for example
if we receive a bug report but get no response from the maintainer - then
we reserve the right to remove the script outright. We will normally wait
at least a month and make multiple attempts to contact the maintainer."

We could be more specific about making the multiple attempts from
different email addresses but that seems excessively prescriptive.

Ganesh