[darcs-users] using darcs on a root directory

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Dec 15 11:20:35 UTC 2009

Hi there,

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 15:54:45 +0100, Pasqualino Titto Assini wrote:
> However, when I try to pullget the repository on my local machine with
> a command such as:
>
> darcs pull root at kamus.it:/
>
> I get:
>
> Invalid repository:  root at kamus.it:.
>
> darcs failed:  (scp) failed to fetch: root at kamus.it:./_darcs/hashed_inventory

This smells like a filepath parsing corner case bug.
Could you submit a bug report to bugs at darcs.net ?

To save some time:

 - make sure you have the latest darcs release (in case this was
   already fixed)

 - try pull/get on the same machine (to see if remote paths play a role)

 - consider writing a test case to submit when the bugtracker has
   assigned you a ticket number
     http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/RegressionTests

Also, you may be interested in etckeeper (which I have not tried yet
myself)

Thanks!