[darcs-users] [patch119] switch to extensible exceptions

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Wed Dec 16 01:35:28 UTC 2009

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

Hi,

Don't review or apply this yet. I'm only sending it to the patch
tracker as this seems like a good place to keep work-in-progress
that others might want to look at or take further.

The basic point is to modernise darcs' exception handling away
from the old and deprecated non-extensible exceptions.

To maintain backwarsd compatibility with GHC 6.8, it uses the
extensible-exceptions package. This means that many of the imports
are of Control.Exception.Extensible. Once we drop GHC 6.8, these
imports should be changed to Control.Exception and the
extensible-exceptions dependency dropped.

I haven't tested it properly, or cleaned it up or considered alternative
techniques for converting the code. I have also conducted a fairly
literal conversion where some better cleanups of the existing code
may instead be possible.

Ganesh

Wed Dec 16 01:30:22 GMT 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * switch to extensible exceptions

files: switch-to-extensible-exceptions.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 9640
nosy: darcs-users, ganesh
status: needs-review
title: switch to extensible exceptions