[darcs-users] [patch111] Contribute vc-darcs.el for Emacs VC support.

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Wed Dec 16 01:47:34 UTC 2009

Marnix Klooster <marnix.klooster at gmail.com> writes:

> On 11-12-09 03:44, Trent W. Buck wrote:
>
>> Dave Love <bugs at darcs.net> writes:
>
>>>   The Emacs maintainers rejected the Darcs support (despite supporting
>>>   the other major free VCSs) :-(.
>
>> I guess you mean that the GNU Emacs maintainers are unwilling to include
>> vc-darcs.el in their distro.  Please provide a link to the thread (on
>> emacs-devel, presumably) where this decision was reached.
>
> I'm just lurking, but some googling found only
>
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/46952 (December '05)

This thread is about the forcer/juliusz implementation.  Given that RMS
was probably lead maintainer back in 2005, it looks to me like the only
blocker is copyright assignment from juliusz[0] -- which juliusz seems
to be willing to do.

[0] and forcer, but I suspect he's already performed a blanket copyright
    assignment for any work he puts into the GNU Emacs distro.

>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/76338 (August '07)

This one amounts to "let's wait for ESR to finish messing with vc",
which he now has.