[darcs-users] A comparison of Darcs and Git

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Wed Dec 16 07:39:21 UTC 2009

Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> writes:
> Yes, I know about the --hashed option etc.

If --hashed is still meaningful for you, consider converting your
project to the "darcs-2" format, which should be better than the iterim
"hashed" format.

> But when running darcs changes -v | less
> I can't see them.

Try "darcs changes --xml".  There are probably other ways to extract the
hash of a patch; I haven't looked.

>>> - each git commit has a uniq name: its hash.
>>>   Does darcs use hashes as well now?

PS: a hash is inherently NOT unique, because it mapping a transfinite
set (all possible patches) to a finite set (fixed-length hashes).