[darcs-users] [patch118] Resolve issue1712: darcs over-reports number of patches to pull

Eric Kow bugs at darcs.net
Thu Dec 17 09:25:51 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> added the comment:

Whoops!  I confess that I tried to push this without paying close attention to
the witness types (bad reviewer! no cookie for me!)

src/Darcs/Commands/Push.lhs:127:45:
    Couldn't match expected type `r' against inferred type `z'
      `r' is a rigid type variable bound by
          the type signature for `prepareBundle'
            at src/Darcs/Commands/Push.lhs:115:26
      `z' is a rigid type variable bound by
          the constructor `:\/:' at src/Darcs/Commands/Push.lhs:126:13
      Expected type: RL (PatchInfoAnd p) r z
      Inferred type: RL (PatchInfoAnd p) z r
    In the sixth argument of `prePushChatter', namely `them''
    In the expression: prePushChatter opts common us us' them them'

I think this is a straightforward issue that only requires thinking about what
the witnesses mean.

Ganesh or Jason, depending on who gets to this first.  Could you help Luca out
since you two have more experience with this?  Luca: in the meantime, it may be
good if you tried to study this as well.

Ah, and one day the witness stuff will be turned on everywhere and we can avoid
this back and forth stuff.

nosy: +dagit, ganesh