[darcs-users] Darcs 2.4 - performance testing (stage 0)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Fri Dec 25 11:30:30 UTC 2009

Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:

> I ran into a some minor problems on the last one.  For some odd reason (likely
> because our Setup.hs is non-trivial) if you need to specify extra-libs and
> extra-includes to the configure step of cabal then you'll also need them on the
> install step.
>
> cabal configure --extra-libs-dir=/opt/local/libs --extra-includes-dir=/opt/
> local/includes
> cabal build
> cabal install --extra-libs-dir=/opt/local/libs --extra-includes-dir=/opt/local/
> includes
The problem with needing --extra... etc. for cabal install is probably
not really because of our Setup, but because install runs configure
again. What you wanted to use was probably cabal copy && cabal register,
because (with cabal, anyway) install = configure + build + copy +
register.

Yours,
   Petr.