[darcs-users] Darcs 2.4 - performance testing (stage 0)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Dec 25 15:49:23 UTC 2009

Thanks for the quick reply (this helps other volunteers).

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 20:36:31 -0800, Jason Dagit wrote:
> By the way, I'm still on Leopard.  I considered moving to Snow Leopard but I
> don't see what I would gain from doing so and I know of several things it
> make more difficult.  Either way, I seriously doubt the exact OS version
> will make an impact on darcs performance in this case.

Leopard should be fine.

I'm sure we can find a Snow Leopard machine (and Windows 7) if we really
need one.  I think I can be a backup volunteer for Snow Leopard.  This
does not need to be perfect; we just need to get a picture on how we're
doing.

> Once I installed libicu (sudo port install icu) my command was something
> like this:
> cabal configure --extra-libs-dir=/opt/local/libs
> --extra-includes-dir=/opt/local/includes
> cabal build
> cabal install --extra-libs-dir=/opt/local/libs
> --extra-includes-dir=/opt/local/includes

I'm on a similar setup (using MacPorts).

I did not have to run cabal configure, but I think have to reinstall
haskeline with the above flags so that it would pick up the MacPorts
iconv

> The command to run, assuming you have the binaries in your path is:
> darcs-benchmark darcs darcs-2.3.1

Yes

http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/Benchmarks
darcs get http://repos.mornfall.net/darcs/benchmark

> darcs repair [darcs]: 1...2...                             109.0s, 261.0M
> darcs pull 1000 [darcs]: 1... error: user error (darcs failed with error
> code 2
> saying:
> darcs failed:  Can't unpull patch without reverting some unrecorded change.
> )

Worth noticing, Petr.

> darcs-2.3.1 pull 1000 [darcs]: 1... error: user error (darcs failed with
> error code 2
> saying: Reading pristine 26/485
>
> darcs failed:  Can't unpull patch without reverting some unrecorded change.
> )

Likewise.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9