[darcs-users] Darcs 2.4 - performance testing (stage 0)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Fri Dec 25 21:08:31 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

>> darcs repair [darcs]: 1...2...                             109.0s, 261.0M
>> darcs pull 1000 [darcs]: 1... error: user error (darcs failed with error
>> code 2
>> saying:
>> darcs failed:  Can't unpull patch without reverting some unrecorded change.
>> )
>
> Worth noticing, Petr.
Aye, I have previously thought this was a bug in darcs-benchmark, but
haven't had time to track it down. Nevertheless, I have now found out
this was actually bug in the test-repository tarballs, as they were
missing working copies of dotfiles (.darcs-boring for ghc and
.authorspellings/.latex2html-init for darcs).

You need to either rm -rf your repo.{ghc,darcs} directories in your
benchmark-working-area or you need to run darcs rev -a in there to fix
this. (I have fixed the public tarballs to not have this problem, so
newly obtained copies from darcs-benchamrk --get should be fine.)

Yours,
   Petr.