[darcs-users] new libicu dependency

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sat Dec 26 16:21:49 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Op zaterdag 26 december 2009 07:56 schreef je:
> Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:
> > I'm okay with new patches or rollbacks.  May I ask why there is a preference
> > for regular patches?
> Because we want to improve the compatibility of the feature, not simply
> remove it. (Hard to achieve with rollbacks.)

Yes. And because I wouldn't want to clutter the repository with lot of rollbacks
and unrollbacks before we have a clear idea of where to go from here. It appears
that everyone agrees that the UTF-8 metadata is OK, but needs some minor tweaks
(adding UTF-8 tags or forgetting about storing all UTF-8 normalized to NFC).

On the one hand, one could say that I committed these patches too early. On the
other hand, the patches have been up for review for a month or so and only
committing got the debate started.

Reinier