[darcs-users] Darcs 2.4 - performance testing (stage 0)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Dec 29 08:15:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 22:08:31 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
> > You need to either rm -rf your repo.{ghc,darcs} directories in your
> > benchmark-working-area or you need to run darcs rev -a in there to fix
> > this. (I have fixed the public tarballs to not have this problem, so
> > newly obtained copies from darcs-benchamrk --get should be fine.)
>
> Does this solve the problem with error messages?

Yes, the problem with the error messages is solved now.  Sorry for not
responding with that feedback.

> And by any chance, does it have any knock-on effects of making the
> performance stuff run in a more realistic timeframe?

I don't know why it keeps timing out.  It's almost as if the OS is doing
something weird with sleep modes.  I've disabled all the power saving
options that I can find.  I've told harddrives not to spin down, etc.

Does darcs-benchmark use my global cache?  Perhaps I should mv ~/.darcs
~/.darcs.restoreme and see if it makes any difference.

Jason