[darcs-users] dvcs article

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Sun Feb 1 18:03:46 UTC 2009

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> This is of course the obvious question, but - I take it there was some
> reason neither that the linking or no-pristine features didn't help
> you? (I mean http://darcs.net/manual/node4.html#SECTION00460000000000000000
> )

er... if I take the time to do them, they *help*, but I have a problem even if
the patches and pristine tree are shrunk to nothing -- the actual contents of
the repo are pretty big (and bigger after "make", but I guess that can also be
worked around by doing "clean"...).

I admit I'm asking the RCS to do something that no-RCS doesn't accomplish
either: being better than nothing is a hard task!  But Git seems to do it, so
I'm just feeling wishful.

-Isaac