[darcs-users] darcs patch: Outsource the (optional) mmap support to bytestring-mmap.

Dmitry Kurochkin dmitry.kurochkin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:39:01 UTC 2009

Hi.

The patch looks fine to me. I have looked at bytestring-mmap and it
behaves in the same way as darcs implementation. Just few questions:

- As mentioned by Petr it does not have autoconf support. As I
understand darcs 2.3 will have cabal as official build method?
- Petr, did you test that it really works? :) I can not easily build
darcs with bytestring-mmap and run tests unfortunately.
- What about using System.IO.Posix.MMap.Lazy? AFAIK the only
difference is that munmap is called for smaller chunks when they are
not used, and not for the whole file. Would this give anything to us?

Regards,
  Dmitry