[darcs-users] darcs patch: Outsource the (optional) mmap support to bytestring-mmap.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Feb 3 12:01:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:51:08 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 14:39:01 +0300, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote:
> > The patch looks fine to me. I have looked at bytestring-mmap and it
> > behaves in the same way as darcs implementation. Just few questions:

Note that this breaks the make build method on my staging repository (which I
discovered only because I'm still using the make api-doc target to create the
API documentation on darcs.net).

$ make api-doc
PATH=".:$PATH" darcs changes --context | cat config.command - \
                | ./stringify Context context > src/Context.hs
[ghc] .depend

on the commandline:
    Warning: -optdep-f is deprecated: Use -dep-makefile instead

src/ByteStringUtils.hs:94:7:
    Could not find module `System.IO.Posix.MMap':
      it is a member of package bytestring-mmap-0.2.0, which is hidden
make: *** [.depend] Error 1

Since our agreement is still to support autoconf (although not as the default)
till darcs 2.3, we should fix the configure script accordingly, at the very
least before the release, but the sooner the better.

Also, cabal haddock does not work for me <http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1342>
which means that there will be no more api-doc updates on darcs.net until
one or the other is fixed

Thanks!

(still waiting for tests to pass, the patch will be uploaded shortly if
all goes well)