[darcs-users] darcs patch: Cabal: Do not make absence of a diff tool fatal.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Tue Feb 3 16:30:08 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 16:58:05 +0100, Petr Rockai wrote:
>> Tue Feb  3 16:56:56 CET 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
>>   * Cabal: Do not make absence of a diff tool fatal.
>
> Applied, thanks!  (what were we doing before it started failing?)
Hardcoding "diff". Actually, we should use "diff" instead of false and
"/sbin/sendmail" instead of false for sendmail. These are the sensible defaults
that are likely to work even if the compiled binary goes elsewhere. It would
also make sense to move these checks to the runtime. It's pretty stupid to do
them at compile time. *cough* Maybe I should just do that...

Yours,
   Petr.