[darcs-users] fundraising

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Feb 3 19:49:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 21:40:05 -0500, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> I think one of the best things might be to hire students for a summer,
> like in Google's Summers of Code. It would be really elegant I think
> if we could reuse an existing process - perhaps we could go to Google
> or Jane Street and say "here's $4000 for a Darcs-only project (if any
> show up)"? Kind of like a scholarship or endowment.

I quite like this idea.  I'm going to take your likely arbitrary $4000
figure and run with it.

How about this.  Suppose we started a fundraising campaign, as soon as
our infrastructure is in place.  Could we have these two targets?

 $1000 - we pay for some travel/accommodation to darcs hacking sprint #2

 $5000 - ditto + a Summer-of-Code-style student? what would be great is
         if we could score /two/ students, say one from Google money,
         and one from our own

If we raise more money than that, plough that into sprint #3 and more
ambitious projects?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9