[darcs-users] fundraising

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Tue Feb 3 20:58:46 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:
> I quite like this idea.  I'm going to take your likely arbitrary $4000
> figure and run with it.
>
> How about this.  Suppose we started a fundraising campaign, as soon as
> our infrastructure is in place.  Could we have these two targets?
>
>  $1000 - we pay for some travel/accommodation to darcs hacking sprint
>
>  $5000 - ditto + a Summer-of-Code-style student? what would be great is
>          if we could score /two/ students, say one from Google money,
>          and one from our own
>
> If we raise more money than that, plough that into sprint #3 and more
> ambitious projects?

What about "bounties" as well?  Some projects have shown that cheap bounties
can be enough of an incentive for a new developer to try their hand at
solving a problem...  You could attach something like $50-$100 to some of
the needs-volunteer stuff in the bug tracker.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net