[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1093: warn about ugly patch... (and 1 more)

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 00:19:08 UTC 2009

Lele Gaifax <lele at nautilus.homeip.net> writes:

> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:50:30 -0800 (PST)
> Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm sick of this sitting on my hard disk, and I want it applied to
>> trunk.  So I resolved conflicts with trunk and am sending it.
>>
>> Mon Feb  2 13:41:46 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
>>   * Resolve issue1093: warn about ugly patch names.
>>
>> Mon Feb  2 13:51:14 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
>>   * Test issue1093: warn about ugly patch names.
>>

> Is this just a warning, or does it stop the recording? If the latter,
> wouldn't be better applying the rule only on in an interactive
> session?

The former.

> I'm asking because it's not unusual having patch names like "Typo",
> and I would like tailor to continue its job when it translate such
> short named patches as well...

It was specifically for the case -m Typo. that the lower limit was
initially length<5, but I increased it because my colleagues have
complained to me at length about my chains of a dozen patches all called
"Typo."[0]  Thus now I tend to use e.g. "Typo: fred not ferd.".

[0] Note that this was in Mercurial, which cannot amend unpushed patches.
    Therefore there is  unavoidably a lot more "Typo." noise in the logs.