[darcs-users] managing change

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 00:56:36 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> I'm a little paranoid that my last message didn't stress quite the right
> things, so let me try restating a couple of points to be safe :-)
>
> (1) Change is good.  I look forward to seeing darcs change, and the
>     sooner the better.  My intention is not to slow down change, but
>     to make sure it happens in a controlled fashion (unfortunately, my
>     attempts at doing this have the side-effect of slowing change down)

It's the difference between a five-year-old running hectically around a
room, and a fellow walking sedately down the street.  The deliberated
approach of the latter might be slower, but it achieves more.

Eric, I think your paranoia as project lead provides a healthy contrast
to the optimistic developers (myself included) pushing for fun new
stuff, and helps us find a balanced middle ground.  Please keep it up!