[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] Switching from Mercurial to Darcs

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Feb 5 16:54:06 UTC 2009

Christian Kellermann <Christian.Kellermann at nefkom.net> writes:
> 1) darcs whatsnew --summary -l to see which files changed.
To save typing, "darcs wh -sl" works just as fine.

> 3) is a bit tricky and not so easily done. You would need to watch
> out for additions and removals in the whatsnew command.
You can skip this by just adding -l to the next step,

> 4) darcs rec -a -m 'commit name' will behave exactly like mercurials
> commit and will not ask you for individual hunks.
making this rec -alm 'commit name' -- this will remove removed files and add
added files. You need to have boring set up correctly to avoid adding files you
don't want.

> 5) darcs pull -a, note that this will change your working copy. To
> check for conflicts before doing so, add the --dry-run flag.
You can streamline with darcs pull -a --dont-allow-conflicts, which will also
apply in the safe case (no conflicts).

Yours,
   Petr.