[darcs-users] v2.2.0 errors

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:45:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Csaba Ragasits <ragasits.csaba at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Which Windows version are you using?
>
> I don't exactly. When I run darcs.exe, the version is: darcs version
> 2.2.0 (release), the creation date 2009. január 16., 8:37:10. I think
> it is a last official darcs.exe.
>
>> Can you try to do "darcs init" on an empty directory?
>
> It's running fine.
>
>> Can you please translate (A rendszer nem talßlja a megadott fßjlt.) :)?
>
> The system cannot find file at a given place.
>
>> Are you running it in cygwin or in cmd.exe?
>
> I use it with cmd.exe

I think that you actually hit a bug with darcs and national character
sets (the accented letters in the file names). We are investigating
it, and it seems to be a GHC 6.10 bug (the previous darcs was compiled
with 6.8, so it worked correctly).

I'll try to provide a darcs 2.2 binary compiled with GHC 6.8, to see
if we can solve the issue.

Salvatore