[darcs-users] Grapefruit-based GUI for darcs?

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Sat Feb 7 13:01:13 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008 22:35 schrieb Eric Kow:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 18:37:21 +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > I’m developing Grapefruit, a library for Functional Reactive Programming
> > with a focus on GUIs.  I’d like to get some of my students working on a
> > small practical GUI application which uses Grapefruit.  I thought, a GUI
> > for darcs would be a good idea.
>
> Another (more focused) idea we would be very interested in is a
> graphical viewer for patch dependencies.  Even better is an interactive
> viewer that allows you, for example, to collapse and expand a branch at
> will.  This would require some work on darcs itself however, but it
> should be fairly easy for a sufficiently motivated student.

Hello,

I want to come back to this discussion from December.  My students will start
hacking in ca. 2 weeks.  And so I would be very interested if you could tell
me what you would expect from such a patch viewer. Do you have already some
concrete ideas about how it should work? Is there a webpage documenting some
requirements?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang