[darcs-users] The bug tracker need-info status and need-investigation issues

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Feb 7 13:40:17 UTC 2009

Hello Trent,

On Saturday 07 February 2009 13:26, trentbuck at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 09:33:51AM +0100, Thorkil Naur wrote:
> > Thus narrowing the set of issues to be given [the need-info]
> > status. In particular, those issues that I would designate "need
> > investigation, not necessarily by the original reporter" now appear
> > to be home-less. In this group, I would include issues that need
> > some clear but significant work to be done, to investigate a
> > performance problem, for example. And also the wishlist issues that
> > we need to decide on, whether to support them or not.
> >
> > Possible statuses for these issues are:
> >
> > 1. The need-info status, as before, but then we need to change the
description
> > of that status.
> > 2. The need-volunteer status, again some change of the status description
is
> > needed.
> > 3. A new need-investigation status.
> > 4. The chatting status.
>
> I would favour either (1) or (2), with a mild preference for (2) --
> IIRC that was my intent when I made the change.

In fact, I like your more clear-cut version of the need-info status, so what I
will try is to find a suitable modification of the need-volunteer status
definition that includes need-investigation and wishlist issues and see if it
makes sense in view of existing issues. This agrees with your preference for
(2).

And, of course, others may have some thoughts on this.

Thanks again and best regards
Thorkil