[darcs-users] Grapefruit-based GUI for darcs?

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 05:58:55 UTC 2009

Wolfgang,

> I want to come back to this discussion from December.  My students
> will start hacking in ca. 2 weeks.  And so I would be very interested
> if you could tell me what you would expect from such a patch
> viewer. Do you have already some concrete ideas about how it should
> work? Is there a webpage documenting some requirements?

Perhaps you could create a draft requirements document on our Darcs
wiki, and then we (the community) can discuss changes or additions.
It'd be easier for us to embellish an existing concept than to start
from scratch.

Such a draft would start with a one-paragraph summary of what the app is
for, a "uses RFC 2119" declaration paragraph, and then launch into the
things that a successful implementation MUST, SHOULD and MAY have.  It
would also discuss similar existing apps, such as gitk and giggle.