[darcs-users] darcs patch: configuring author spelling variations w... (and 3 more)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Feb 8 22:49:51 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

> Also, I'm assuming the goal is for list_authors to either disappear
> or offload the bulk of its work to darcs show authors?  Why not just

yeah, there will be no reason to keep list_authors when this lands. I
thought I'd wait a bit before submitting a removal patch.

> configuring author spelling variations was complicated, now easier
> I see some entries with only one possible spelling.  Would you have to
> update this (or the corresponding spellings file) every time somebody
> new comes into the project?  If so, I think what would be nicer is if we
> just passed along any variant that is not matched by anything.

Ah no, you don't have to define every author. Those single entries you
see actually do something: they match anything containing that canonical
email address. So eg they cause bare email addresses (very common) to
have the full name added.