[darcs-users] darcs patch: small authorspellings fix (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Feb 9 11:34:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 15:57:55 -0800, Simon Michael wrote:
> Sat Feb  7 16:28:25 PST 2009  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
>   * small authorspellings fix
>   Ignore-this: 1ac99c082d857dfabcce2275b7bc93e4
>
> Sat Feb  7 16:32:25 PST 2009  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
>   * add help to authorspellings file
>   Ignore-this: 5d404d6958cb66ae38ebb2fae29bae2c
>
> Sat Feb  7 16:45:17 PST 2009  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
>   * document .authorspellings in show authors --help
>   Ignore-this: 37cca0a913105b1d2f767f9c2f729bd5

I've gratefully applied these three:

> Sun Feb  8 15:36:48 PST 2009  Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com>
>   * kowey's ShowAuthor code cleanup suggestions
>   Ignore-this: e2c1fb8869376cd886ed7679962a3e65

Permit me to be nit-picky on this one.  Could I ask for a few more
things?

First, could you also supply patches to the user manual?  Or is
that already covered by your show authors --help patch?

Second, could you run the haskell policy test and work out whether
or not it's safe to ratify our use of readFile?

Third, very minor comment comments below, which I'm only making
because I'm asking for #1 and #2 anyway.

(*) By rights I should not have applied the first patch because it
    failed haskell_policy, but there's some re-arranging going on in the
    office and my staging repository is down!  This means I'm bound to
    get confused and sometimes do things like apply patches when I
    really should not

kowey's ShowAuthor code cleanup suggestions
> -      else reverse $ map shownames $ sort $
> +      else reverse $ map shownames $ sort $

Ah, that's a needless bit of hunk induced by trailing whitespace.  Now I
feel a bit more justified in my trailing whitespace pet peeve :-D

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9