[darcs-users] darcs patch: small authorspellings fix (and 3 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Feb 9 11:39:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 16:08:30 -0800, Simon Michael wrote:
> Incidentally I can't see how this works, since fmap and map both take
> two arguments.

Ah, this is one of those places why programming in Haskell is fun!

The way I like to to look at it is that there is actually no such thing
as a function that takes two arguments.  A function that "takes" N
arguments is actually just a function that takes one argument and which
returns a function that "takes" N-1 arguments.  So when you apply map to
compile, you get back a function (call it map_compile_to) that takes a
list and returns another list.

Does that help?

Anyway, I should probably leave this to better Haskellers...