[darcs-users] where did 2.2.1 go?

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Feb 11 07:21:09 UTC 2009

Gour <gour at mail.inet.hr> writes:
> What does prevent dropping autotools support?
What Karel says. It would complicate matters for packagers, and definitely at
least part of existing users. That's why I was considering doing point releases
with autotools only for important fixes: Hackage users would get all point
releases, everyone else would get only some of them.

Not sure this is really a great idea, but it would reduce cost of the releases
somewhat. Maybe I should just stop being lazy... It's just when I see download
stats for the release candidate that it feels like waste of time. I understand
that most of our userbase gets their darcs from binary packages and we need to
trickle that newest and greatest version to them that way. But a little wider
circulation of pre-releases and rc's would be a motivating factor in making a
release, too.

Yours,
   Petr.