[darcs-users] Fwd: Towards a conflict-free revision control system.

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:43:58 UTC 2009

Ian Lynagh wrote:

> And what should it mean to cherry pick a patch without one of its
> dependencies? You get a patch that you can't apply?

Imagine cherry picking the patch with its dependencies, and then pulling
in the inverse of the dependencies too.  That will result in a conflict,
but in exactly the places you want: the places where the cherry-picked
patch depends on a patch that you didn't want to pull.  Then you record
a conflict resolution patch.

If this could be made to work, I think it would be a killer feature.

Cheers,
	Simon