[darcs-users] Google Summer of Code 2009 - ideas, students and mentors?

Nathan Gray kolibrie at graystudios.org
Thu Feb 12 14:36:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 02:03:27PM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> Ideas from the list
> -------------------
> So far we have:
>
>  * darcs-optimisation project (hashed storage)
>    * potential students: Petr
>
>  * darcs GUI
>    * http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/17
>    * note: Wolfgang Jeltsch has two students working on a patch
>      viewer soon.  Could we extend this into a GSOC project?

Another thing I am interested in having is the ability, when
converting from a darcs-1 repo to a darcs-2 repo, to specify
already converted darcs-2 repos as a reference for the
conversion.

We have about 15 copies of one of our repos, and rarely are there
more than 5 or so that are completely in sync.  To convert from
darcs-1 to darcs-2 will be almost impossible, unless I can
convert each one on its own.  Currently, this is impossible,
because the conversion is lossy, and may make different decisions
based on which patches are in the repo.

I would like to be able to convert the repo with the most
patches, then for each additional repo, specify the already
converted repo(s).  If a lossy decision is to be made, the
reference repos can be consulted and make the same decisions.

It might also be satisfactory to convert multiple copies of a
repo at the same time, though if I forget about one, I will still
want to convert it later.

-kolibrie