[darcs-users] diff with another branch?

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 16:33:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> I feel a bit silly, but even after a fair bit of Googling, I still can't
> figure out how to compare my current branch with some other branch
> (remote, in this case).
>
> Basically, I'd like to know which ones of my local changes have yet to
> be applied to the remote branch.  In other VCS I usually do something
> like "<vcs> diff -r <branch>", but I can't seem to find the
> corresponding magic incantation for darcs.
>

>        Stefan

I don't have darcs locally, but a reading of
http://darcs.net/manual/node8.html#SECTION00862000000000000000
suggests to me that maybe 'darcs pull --dry-run foo' would work?

Since it's a dry-run, pull should print out the patches that they have
and you don't, but it'll also print out the patches you have and they
don't IIRC.

--
gwern